Sunday 2 October 2011






For some strange reason, all of my recipes on here have involved fish and this one is no exception! Halibut is a real favourite of mine and is well worth the slightly hefty pricetag it attracts. I bought 3 large steaks for £16, which is pretty comparable with fillet steak.

For this particular dish, I seasoned the steaks with rock salt, freshly ground black pepper and olive oil and seared in a char grill pan. I had some vine tomatoes roasting in the oven with garlic and shallots, to which I added fresh thyme.

When the tomatoes were ready I added them to a seperate pan, along with some chick peas. I then added a large bag of spinach. When the spinach had wilted, I added a small tub of creme fraiche and the dish was complete. It srikes a nice balance between summer and winter food - comforting, yet light. Let me know if you try it. xI

No comments:

Post a Comment