Thursday 1 September 2011



For me, it's always about visual impact and very rarely subtlety, although I do appreciate the simple look from time to time. Not surprising then, that the 'Ma Jong' range of modular sofas/seating by Roche Bobois, appeal to me so much and interestingly, seems to be reappearing in style blogs, magazines and tv clips, so many years after its launch.



It is unquestionably an aquired taste and would send some out there literally wretching at its very being. I think it works best where the space is similarly 'busy'. To restrict the look to the pieces alone, for example , in a white-walled , minimalist loft apartment, would be untrue to to the essence of the design and would merely pander to the 'less is more' brigade. 


The contrasting and exceptionally lively fabrics are similarly used in the above Roche Bobois piece. There is an element of bravery required, in furnishing a living space in this way and these pieces are of course, extremely costly. In my next blog, I want to talk about how the same essential'look' can be achieved, using soft furnishings. TTFN.XX

No comments:

Post a Comment