Wednesday 7 September 2011

So I said I wanted to talk about creating that Roche Bobois, 'Mah Jong' look. What I'm talking about is that use of colour and pattern or print to give a hippy-ish, carefree flavour. It woukd be brilliant if we could all afford to fill our spaces with Missoni fabrics but that isn't going to happen, so I say, just make the most of what you have - within reason!

Even going into cupboards and having a look at what you've previously put away. There may well be some stuff that stood the test of time or that's just real, quality and timeless. I particularly like vintage pieces mixed with new pieces. All you need to remember is to make sure they tie together for one reason. That could be colour scheme; it could be pattern; it could material...... 



 The look above is linked by pinks, reds and oranges - all different fabrics and patterns. Those below are simply linked by purples and greens - lots of different texture. Bye bye!x


No comments:

Post a Comment