Tuesday 17 May 2011

Hello again!
Thought I'd talk about the strange painting/collage on my first blog page. This is a piece I designed for my daughter's bedroom. I used the current trend for skulls and combined some strong colours to work with the chosen decor. There is texture in the form of collage and also a metallic element for understated glamour. I used acrylic paints and some sample flock wallpapers. I have also incorporated stitch, although the design is largely hand painted.
The idea was to create a glamorous piece of original art that was slightly edgy and not too 'boudoir'
Please feel free to ask me about any element. The frame originally housed an older oil painting and I bought it in ' Bygone Times' For £20.00.




The other shots give a flavour of the room. ttfn. x

No comments:

Post a Comment