Thursday 19 May 2011


So, as I've mentioned already, my textiles and ceramic designs are dear to me, although it is impractical for me to continue as a designer-maker in ceramics with no studio and kiln access!
My textiles , though, are far more practical and achievable and I continue to be inspired to create these, using the sights and everyday goings on around me.


These sort of images of wood and the forest floor have been a huge inspiration to me, leading to hand stitched samples in recycled and found fabrics:-These samples, in turn, have lead to cushions and throws, using hand-stiching; hand-dyeing  and applique. Denim is a big pull for me in creating my pieces and I nearly always incorporate some recycled or found denim in some way.
Look forward to chatting next time, in the meantime, here are some of my textiles designs!




No comments:

Post a Comment