Monday 27 June 2011


Just taking time to look more closely at your own city is something I very rarely do, I don't know about you. I've noticed that when you look upwards, usually on a main shopping street or in the city centre, the most amazing architecture and characterful buildings appear.There might be an empty or mundane shop below but on the next floor......have a go yourself.

I live in Liverpool and we certainly have an enviable skyline. The Liver Buildings and waterfront Graces - soon to be joined by the new state of the art museum when it opens next month. Then there's the 2 cathedrals, the Tower and The Albert Dock.


Well I had a closer look at some more obscure places, like the building above,very close to the shops at Liverpool One, but with all the grandeur of times gone by.The image underneath, also in Liverpool, shows one of my dream shop locations -where I'd just love to open my lifestyle store - Tradmodglam, of course! What do you think?

Finally, not wishing to be entirely hung up on the finer side of architecture, I have to confess a penchant for the humble brick wall. I'm drawn to the simplicity, yet complex little areas of differing shades, weathering and general wear and tear.
Base and beautiful. x







No comments:

Post a Comment