Wednesday 15 June 2011

This is random! Today I was thinking about a recent trip to New York and all the wonderful and usual sights and sounds that go with that particularly fantastic place. I thought about the Statue of Liberty; The Empire State; 5th Avenue; The Rockerfella Centre, which incidentally, we had the pleasure of standing on top of on this occasion and it was breathtaking. But there is that other flavour of NY and the photo below epitomises it for me. 

We took the photo purely because of the sheer history, character, drama and grittiness that makes New York so special. Just look at the blackness of the brick facade and the intricacies of the detailed work on the window areas. I love that the unmistakable yellow of the traffic lights falls in the centre - and green too!

A reminder of the hustle and bustle and busyness.
If anyone can tell me where we actually were, I'd be delighted to know more about the building. I'm pretty sure it was Greenwich Village, but stand to be corrected - and educated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment