Wednesday 29 June 2011

So, my latest project...just a little one really. Back to the upcycling buzz word, or as I prefer, customising. The mirror in the shots, I bought at a car boot sale - how original! Its either 1960's or 1970's, pretty typical of the sort of thing in homes when I was a child and pretty unattractive as well.




The masking tape is placed at differing intervals and at differing widths to create some nice stripes. Just take care to stick it down really well and line it up as straight as possible. Then select your colours. I chose turqoise, orange, yellow and pink and paint away! I used acrylics which are really easy to wash off if you make a mistake but not so easy to remove from clothing, so take care.





Finally, carefully varnish your stipes, which gives a nice contrast between the original wood and the new additions. It's now ready - an original piece that can be placed in a contemporary setting or will sit just as well in an eclectic environment. Can't wait for my next find - who knows what I'll do to it!.x





  

No comments:

Post a Comment